Our Fellow directly contributes to our mission of making autism services personal by providing direct one-on-one ABA behavioral interventions to teach communication, social, and daily living skills and reduce problematic behaviors. This team member will also be eligible to do unrestricted activities, as defined by the BACB, to help meet requirements to sit for the be BCBA exam/certification. This position reports to assigned BCBA and the local Clinical Director. This person does not supervise other staff.
Skills and Competencies:
- Must have a passion for working with children and watching them learn and grow.
- Enrolled or graduated from a BACB approved Master’s or Certification Program.
- Pass the RBT exam within 45 days of start is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for speaking with Clients’ families and Session Notes.
- Confident communication skills for interactions with family members and caregivers of the client.
- RBT competency and exam must be completed within 90 days of hire.
- Restricted/Direct Activities:
- Establish & maintain a therapeutic relationship by pairing self as a reinforcing entity and building the value for the client of social interaction.Pass the RBT exam within 45 days of start is required.
- Prompting safe and socially acceptable replacement behaviors in order to build a repertoire of communication, social interaction, and problem-solving skills.
- Fading prompts appropriately to promote both successful and independent responding.
- Increasing the frequency and/or duration of safe and appropriate replacement behaviors by providing access to reinforcers (desired items/actions, attention, or removal of demands/aversive situations).
- Accurately collecting data on current programming, including: A-B-C, count, frequency, duration, latency, inter-response time, event, and interval-based recording.
- Following the treatment plan goals and interventions using sound judgment and seek out appropriate consultation, as needed.
- Participating in conducting behavior analytic assessment of clients, with BCBA direction and supervision.
- Unrestricted Activities:
- Observation and data collection
- Training staff and caregivers on behavior-analytic programs or content
- Conducting assessments related to the need for behavioral intervention
- Conducting behavior-analytic assessments (e.g., functional analyses, stimulus preference assessments)
- Researching the literature relevant to a current client’s programming
- Writing and revising behavior-analytic programs
- Maintaining the Professional and Ethical Compliance Code of the BACB for RBTs
- Maintaining client dignity and avoid dual relationships with clients and their families.
A successful team member will be…
- Detail-oriented & highly organized
- Communicative & collaborative
- Committed to purposeful care
- Ambition to grow with the company
About Helping Hands Family:
Helping Hands Family (“HHF”) is an organization that provides Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Our supportive, inclusive culture helps every individual reach their highest potential.
Helping Hands Family is dedicated to a supportive, inclusive culture. From growing our team to the client treatment plans, we have committed to celebrating differences and helping everyone reach their highest potential. HHF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time
- Pay: Based on Supervisory Hours
- Schedule: Monday to Friday with Weekend Availability
- 100% Paid BACB Supervision Hours
- 401(k) with matching
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off (for full-time employees)
- Paid holidays
- 2 floating holidays and 1 community service day
- Flexible schedule
- Referral program
- Life insurance, supplements, and disability (for full-time employees)
- Unlimited access to Care.com for managing care for children, seniors, pets and the home