We make autism services personal
Our RCM Specialist – Medicaid directly contributes to our mission of making autism services personal by timely and accurately billing the services we provide, collecting revenue, and working with families to make sure they feel supported throughout the billing process.
- Submit and follow up on Medicaid claims mainly for PA Medicaid as a secondary insurance.
- Track and verify clients’ Medicaid status.
- Develop relationships with PA Medicaid payors to ensure successful processing and payment of claims
- Work and manage claims from all aging buckets including posting and appeals, including resubmission of claims and appropriate adjustments.
- Input & review billing data for accuracy, including data entry.
- Ensure that billing and collections adhere to all compliance policies and procedures.
- Work with Billing Manager and local clinic team members to ensure accurate billing.
- Follows up on claim resolution from initial billing through final resolution including identifying and correcting billing errors/rejections and denials (denial management investigations & appeals).
- Manage claims submission and AR for assigned clinics.
- Process remittance advices/EOB’s to achieve finalized clean claims for payment including researching and correcting denials (Pull EFT back-ups).
- Post and reconcile payments received using system and deposit reports.
- Assist the intake team in completing required Medicaid documents for new clients and clients in need of reassessment.
- Serve as the point of contact for Medicaid audits.
Skills and Competencies:
- 3+ years of medical billing experience. Experience within ABA or a specialty field a plus.
- Associate Degree in Accounting/Finance Management is plus, but not required.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Previous medical billing, Practice Management Software, and EMR experience required.
- Confident communication skills for fielding calls on behalf of the agency and its representatives.
- Excellent written communication skills for professional emails and various reporting methods.
- Detail-oriented & highly organized
- Communicative & collaborative
- Committed to purposeful care
- Ambition to grow with the company
- ICD-10: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Billing: 1 year (Preferred)
- PA Medicaid/Medicare: 1 year (Preferred)
About Helping Hands Family:
Helping Hands Family (“HHF”) is an organization that provides Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Our supportive, inclusive culture helps every individual reach their highest potential.
Helping Hands Family is dedicated to a supportive, inclusive culture. From growing our team to the client treatment plans, we have committed to celebrating differences and helping everyone reach their highest potential. HHF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Pay: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
- Schedule: 8 hour shift
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off (for full-time employees)
- 2 floating holidays and 1 community service day
- 401(k) with matching
- Life insurance, supplements, and disability (for full-time employees)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Unlimited access to Care.com for managing care for children, seniors, pets and the home
- Have you ever billed for behavioral health services?
- What is your hourly rate expectation for this role?
- Are you vaccinated for COVID-19 or willing to become fully vaccinated before starting the position?
|Job Category||Administrative Office|