As a Behavior Technician with Helping Hands Family, you will be helping children, with autism spectrum disorder beter navigate a challenging world. These children range from age from 2 to 18 with most clients being elementary school age. You will help these children with various skills such as speaking, making friends, engaging in play activities, dressing themselves, going to the restroom, and washing their hands. You will spend each appointment engaging with your client and going through the therapies that your supervisor, the Board Certified Behavior Analyst, has designed. Your contribution here is vital for these special children to develop interpersonal and life skills which will last them a lifetime.
Skills and Competencies:
To thrive in this role, you must have a passion for working with children and watching them learn and grow. We will teach you the specifics of Applied Behavioral Analysis principles and even pay for you to become a Registered Behavior Technician. We will train you to use the electronic medical record system. We can train you on many things, but your desire for a career working with children should be something that drives you every day. Your passion will be rewarded when you see your clients make progress towards better lives.
- Prior engagement with children – May include work as a nanny, daycare provider, preschool teacher, babysitter, etc
- Patience – Many clients throw tantrums, express frustration and protest in various ways. This is normal. This is the behavior we’re trying to eliminate and replace with appropriate skills.
- A high school diploma
- Reliable transportation – There are times when it is necessary to travel to clients for treatment sessions. The vehicle used must be a personal vehicle, not a ride share or other public transportation form.
- Ability actively play – The children like playing active games, which includes kneeling, squatting, walking, running, and getting up and down from the floor repeatedly.
- Basic computer experience – Experience centers around the ability to navigate to a website to enter notes about each visit into the client’s medical records.
About Helping Hands Family:
Helping Hands Family (“HHF”) is an organization that provides Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Our supportive, inclusive culture helps every individual reach their highest potential.
Helping Hands Family is dedicated to a supportive, inclusive culture. From growing our team to the client treatment plans, we have committed to celebrating differences and helping everyone reach their highest potential. HHF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time
- Pay: $17.00 to $20.00 per hour
- Schedule: Monday to Friday with Weekend Availability
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Referral program
|Job Category||Clinical, Entry Level|