A supportive framework of learning powered by fun, individualized lesson planning, and one-on-one care defines our balanced approach at Helping Hands Family! Our goal is to improve the quality of life for you and your family. We work hard to make it happen with ABA therapy that is easily accessible, compassionate, and genuinely supportive.
What is ABA Therapy & How Does it Benefit Children With ASD?
ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) Therapy utilizes evidence-based principles of learning and behavior to encourage independent function, reduce problematic behaviors, and promote a range of practical life skills. Through beneficial strategies like positive reinforcement, play-based learning, and supportive guidance, children with autism can achieve meaningful personal milestones, such as:
- Improved communication skills
- Greater social engagement
- Increased awareness of self/others
- Improved focus & memory
- Development of academic & problem-solving abilities
- Improved motor skills and coordination
- Many other benefits
Kindness & Encouragement Guide Our Services
Instead of trying to “change” children with autism, our individualized behavior and functional learning plans empower our clients with the tools, support, and guidance they need to achieve sustainable growth. Instead, we believe that compassion, fun, and positive rewards for goals accomplished are most effective in promoting long-term development at a pace that’s right for each child.
ABA Therapy Begins with Better Planning at Helping Hands
To better understand each child’s needs and provide focused support, the first step at HHF begins with multi-step ABA planning. Our Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) personally visit with each child and their families at home or in the clinic to outline a step-by-step ABA plan.
During your first meeting with our BCBAs, we’ll guide you through:
- How to get started: We can help you navigate ASD insurance coverage, teach you more about our different therapy options, and explain other steps you need to take to begin receiving quality ABA Therapy support
- How we can help: We will guide you through the benefits and approach of our ABA Therapy programs. We’ll help you decide if in-home therapy or a routine schedule at one of our clinics is the best fit. We will also answer any questions you may have about our autism treatment programs.
- Building a constructive ABA plan: Once we figure out exactly what your child needs, we’ll outline a detailed plan that’s filled with relatable learning tools, creative lesson plans, and activities that meet and exceed your child’s developmental needs
In our colorful clinics, children benefit from a relaxed environment, engaging staff attention, and an endless variety of uplifting activities. If your child prefers the comfort of home, our ABA home services in or near Stamford, CT, promote stress-free learning and make it easy to incorporate learning into daily routines at home. However, our caring team can help, our guidance and resources are here for you.